Parliament Of Owls

An eclectic discussion of Life, Science, Politics, Religion, and the occasional Bad Pun.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Common Courtesy, "Holiday Spirit" Style

My daughter had her first dance recital last night, a minor spot in an almost three-hour show based on the classic Miracle on 34th Street.

Never having been to a dance recital before, I really wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It was a most entertaining mix of ballet, dance, jazz and tap styles. Plus, my daughter's appearance was special :)

I had to videotape the event; during the performance, I began to get increasingly annoyed with the number of people moving in front of the camera. As the performance continued, the annoyance factor increased, as people continued to move about the entire time.

Then it occurred to me, that a bigger issue wasn't just the people moving in front of the camera; the bigger problem was that all of these people were doing a great discourtesy to all of the young ladies up on the stage.

The girls have spent months preparing for this performance; we owed it to them to sit down, shut up, and enjoy their performance. If you couldn't be bothered to show them a little common courtesy, then perhaps you should have taken your busy schedule and need to talk elsewhere.

}8-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home